Re: 13Colonies how to make SQL Spot Collector filter

Jim N7US

I used DXLab for 13 Colonies for several years, using an SQL expression that I edited after each time I worked a new station.  It’s worked very well.

The information below is more appropriate for the N1MM reflector, and I’ve posted it there.

This year I’m using N1MM with a User Defined Contest file, special list of sections (the 13 states plus G and F), and a Call History File with only the 16 stations included.  With N1MM configured correctly, the stations already worked on each band, which is different than just working each station once, are colored grey in the band map.  Those available to be worked that are currently active appear on the bandmap and the available window, the latter being the more useful.

It's important to use the N1MM call history file with only the 16 stations included.  In the telnet window check the box to only show spots of stations in the call history file.

N1MM allowed me to work each needed/unworked station (on each band) when it is spotted.  I have worked about 80 stations, all on CW, which is not the intent of the activity, but I’ve found it to be fun.  To just work each station once, DXLab with the SQL works well.

I import each N1MM log into DXLab, which has been my general logging program for many years.

Jim N7US