Re: Undocumented updates

Peter Laws / N5UWY

On Fri, Jul 1, 2022 at 3:02 PM k6xt <k6xt@...> wrote:

Referring to our recent IC7300 XFC discussion how can I help you implement the discussed undocumented feature, should you decide to add it to your todo list? If you need one I'll send you my IC7300.

Incidentally my statement that the capability is undocumented referred to the user manual. Not a programmer, I don't know what assets are made available by Icom.
I am an Icom fanboy and I will be the first to say that the company
does not document CI-V well.

On my IC-910H, the CI-V command table is poorly rendered in the docs
and makes it appear that you can't turn on the transmitter via CI-V
... but you can ... and now Commander knows about this feature under
the name "IC-910HA". A fake ID because it's not clear which of the
versions of that radio supports it (910A, 910D, 910H, 911, etc) so
doing it like that is probably the best way to handle it.