In Commander -> Config-> Ports -> Primary CAT Serial Port
Set RTS to TX

If you are using the multi-rig capability of Commander in
Commander -> Config -> MultiRadio -> CAT Serial Port
Set the correct radio # RTS to "X"

These are the same settings for all Icom transceivers of that era
that did not support PTT via CAT command (and works with any interface
that supports PTT on the CAT port RTS line).

On 2022-06-27 2:51 PM, Walter Miller, AJ6T wrote:
I sent the message below to the WSJT-X group looking for help with control of my old IC-375A.  Since I hope to run that rig via DX Commander I am sending the message to the DXLab group as well to look for help here.
/I recently obtained a old 1980s-era Icom IC-375A monoband 222 MHz transceiver, and I cannot get it to work with WSJT-X.  The first problem is that there is no IC-375A Radio option in the WSJT-X settings menu, so there is no direct way to control this transceiver from WSJT-X.  I had partial success by selecting "DX Lab Suite Commander" as the radio and using DX Commander to control the CAT portion of the interface since DX Commander does have an IC-375A option.  With that setup I can control the IC-375A frequency and mode from DX Commander, and both DX Commander and WSJT-X properly display the chosen mode and frequency.  FT8 reception works, but PTT and audio TX do not work.  I'm using the default IC-375A CI-V parameters Hex12 and 1200 baud. //
/ /
//My interface is a G8XGG "USB-DIGIMODE-4" box with three cables: USB to computer, ACC DIN connector to rig, and CI-V cable to the rig's  3.5mm mini "REMOTE" connector.  This interface presents both an audio CODEC and a COM port to the computer. //
/ /
//It's worth noting that the ancient IC-375A does not have a CAT command to control PTT, so that function must be performed separately from the CAT link (via RTS on the COM port).  The rig will be operated in USB mode since there is no dedicated digital mode on the IC-375A. //
/ /
//The IC-375A is very similar to other monoband VHF rigs of that era, the IC-275 (2m) and IC-475 (70cm), so I imagine that the hamlib programs used for all three rigs must be very similar. Another complication is that it appears that all of the WSJT-X options for Icom radios use the default settings for CI-V ports and baud rates. //
/ /
//I would like to run the IC-375A directly from WSJT-X in one configuration, and to control the rig from DX Commander in a separate configuration (obviously not at the same time) since that brings in the very nice DX Lab environment. //
/ /
//Any suggestions on how I might breathe life into my IC-375A would be most appreciated. //
/ /
//73, Walt, AJ6T /