Re: Can not locate exported file to be sent to LOTW

On Mon, Jun 27, 2022 at 12:31 PM Dick Bingham <dick.bingham@...> wrote:
Hello Rick

Where you say ===> "What I would try is to run a Command prompt "As Adminstrator" - press the "Windows" key, type the letters "cmd" then you should see a "Run as Administrator" option. Select that. (Or, right click the icon and choose "Run as Administrator") "

That depends on what Windows version you're running.

Look for an article explaining how to do that for your version of Windows.  (I don't know if Windows 11 has a similar way to get admin credentials.)

I get the following response ===>

 and nowhere find the run as administrator after right-clicking the 'mouse' on everything in or on the popup screen.
The remainder of your suggestions I have not tried because I can't get past the first step described above !

I am also puzzled by the "header" in the above screen capture where in says "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe"
System info says ===>

I have a 64-bit OS

That's fine. 64-bit windows does run things that are 32-bit applications. And some programs are in System32 because that's where they first appeared.

Dave, should we take this off list?

+ Not necessary, Rick. While not everyone here may be anxiously awaiting the next episode, what you're describing is certainly of interest to some members, perhaps reinforcing what they already understood. Also, the thread will be accessible her to future queries.