Re: Can not locate exported file to be sent to LOTW

Rick Murphy

On Mon, Jun 27, 2022 at 12:31 PM Dick Bingham <dick.bingham@...> wrote:
Hello Rick

Where you say ===> "What I would try is to run a Command prompt "As Adminstrator" - press the "Windows" key, type the letters "cmd" then you should see a "Run as Administrator" option. Select that. (Or, right click the icon and choose "Run as Administrator") "

That depends on what Windows version you're running.

Look for an article explaining how to do that for your version of Windows.  (I don't know if Windows 11 has a similar way to get admin credentials.)

I get the following response ===>

 and nowhere find the run as administrator after right-clicking the 'mouse' on everything in or on the popup screen.
The remainder of your suggestions I have not tried because I can't get past the first step described above !

I am also puzzled by the "header" in the above screen capture where in says "C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe"
System info says ===>

I have a 64-bit OS

That's fine. 64-bit windows does run things that are 32-bit applications. And some programs are in System32 because that's where they first appeared.

Dave, should we take this off list?

73,
    -Rick
--
Rick Murphy, D. Sc., CISSP-ISSAP, K1MU/4, Annandale VA USA