Re: Occasional callbook lookup failure

Occasionally when operating CW and with all DXLab applications running, I get an error message when I type a call sign into WinWarbler and press ENTER or TAB; when this happens (not often) the call sign is populated into the CALL box in the Capture window but no additional information appears. The error message reads: "Unable to perform callbook lookup via DXKeeper: Foreign application won't perform DDE method or operation."  Most of the time WinWarbler and DXKeeper work flawlessly together. I can't figure out what's wrong and would appreciate help! Thanks -- W9DGI  Daniel

+ WIndows is responsible for conveying messages among DXLab applications (via DDE). When Windows become short of resources, it's ability to convey those messages in a timely manner is degraded. I suggest that you reboot Windows, and then keep track of when the first instance of "Unable to perform callbook lookup via DXKeeper: Foreign application won't perform DDE method or operation." occurs. That may provide guidance as to how often  you must reboot Windows.