Re: How does DXLAB, LOTW, and EQSL handle special short-term prefix usage ?

Joseph Willis

Oh boy, if that's the case, it's not worth it, lol.   The more I think about this, the more I am deciding to just make comments in DXLAB, and manually fill in qsl's if someone wants one with the special prefix.  A "worked as" message.

On FT8, I can add a "worked as" message to the FT8 log entry.

On EQSL, I can just manually add the comment "worked special prefix etc etc".

On LOTW, there is no way to reflect a second, or special call sign.  If someone needs the card for the special prefix, I guess I would handle it manually.

On Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 04:42:26 p.m. EDT, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:

Note:  You will also need to ...

1) get a new certificate for the temporary callsign to upload QSOs with
    that call to LotW
2) configure DXKeeper to use the new certificate for uploading those
    QSOs to LotW
3) create a new eQSL account and "nickname" for the new callsign and
    link them to your primary account
4) Configure DXKeeper to use the new account/nickname for uploading QSOs
    to eQSL
5) restore the use of your old call/certificate for LotW when the 30 day
    period is over
6) restore use of your old account for eQSL when the 30 day period is
    over.