Re: How does DXLAB, LOTW, and EQSL handle special short-term prefix usage ?

Joseph Willis

And then reverse it all when I go back ? ...................... thanks Dave.

On Tuesday, June 21, 2022, 12:22:29 p.m. EDT, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below
I have only ever used my regular callsign since I started using the above programs.  However, currently Canada is allowing a special prefix for the next 30 days to all who want to use them.

What is the impact of effectively changing your callsign in DXLAB ?  on LOTW ? on EQSL ?

I only want to have one version of my log, and keep all my awards totals and country counts together.

I know DXLAB has the "auxiliary" section, with Station, Op, and Owner calls, but I wonder what the overall consequences are of using each of them ?  And if I use one of them in DXLAB, what happens to the transfers I do to LOTW and EQSL ?

Is there a field I can use so my QSL card to someone reflects the special prefix ?  Or is it better to just make a note in DXLAB, and manually send out the different QSL card to avoid a lot of headaches ?

+ The answer to the question "what should I do if I change my primary callsign?" is here:

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/NewCallsign

+ Since you'll only be using your special prefix for a short time,

- skip step 1a

- in step 1b, only change the "Station callsign"

- in step 1.f.iii don't click on your special callsign's "Set Primary" button

- skip step 2

- skip step 3.b

- in step 4, change only the "Station callsign"