Re: DXKeeper take 5 minutes to start?

Jim N7US

I don’t have any issues with BitDefender,

Jim N7US

From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of W0MU via groups.io
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2022 16:19
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] DXKeeper take 5 minutes to start?

I would add that it takes the programs a while to close too and I frequently see the spinning mouse icon.

W0MU

On 6/13/2022 3:07 PM, W0MU wrote:

Curious what antivirus protection people are using.  I have Bitdefender and I see fairly slow "boot" time when launching the programs.  I have the DXL directory excluded from scans etc.  This one is running Windows 11 and is a considerably better computer.

I will have to check this against my old computer.

W0MU

On 6/13/2022 2:56 PM, Larry Benoit wrote:

Neal,

I may jumped to an incorrect conclusion that you are executing DXKeeper via DXLauncher.  For clarification are you running DXKeeper directly from the Windows applications menu or via DXLauncher?

Like you I run dozens of apps and they all start quickly shortly after boot-up, except DXLauncher on my Win 8.1 desktop.

Though a corrupt log file seems very unlikely, you might consider creating a new log file (.mdb) on the C: drive for test purposes and see what happens.

Good luck and 73,
Larry KB1VFU