Re: "No backup folder specified - backup aborted"

Bob Frostholm

Thank you very much for you help Dave

73

Bob

Ko6Lu

On 6/8/2022 5:34 PM, Dave AA6YQ via groups.io wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

I am now getting this message: "No backup folder specified - backup aborted" when I close JTDX.

+ In the "Backup folder" panel on the Log tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window, the wide textbox provides for you to specify a folder pathname is empty.

Something must have changed. I have not been fiddling with any settings.

+ If that's the case, then a Windows malfunction caused this setting to be lost.

My DX Lab KO6LU Log file (Microsoft Access Database) is okay and up to date with the latest qso from yesterday lsited

This is the last backup file in the DXKeeper > Backups folder is dated
5/29/2022

2 Questions:

1. How do I get the backups to begin again?

+ Specify a backup folder pathname in the "Backup folder" panel on the Log tab of DXKeeper's Configuration window.

2. I notice I have MANY MANY older backup files each almost 50Meg....
Can I delete the older ones and just keep most recent?

+ Yes.