Re: WW with Flex 6000 , sidetone ?

CSM\(r\) Gary Huber - AB9M

I recently was testing a new WKmini and my old WK-USB with my 6600 and learned that WW does NOT require the Winkeyer to be connected via its USB or Serial port nor to the CW port on the back of the 6600. A valid port for the WK must be in the WW WK configuration. Obviously, there is no paddle break-in.

Gary ~ AB9M

From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> on behalf of Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...>
Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2022 4:20 PM
To: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [DXLab] WW with Flex 6000 , sidetone ?

On 2022-05-29 3:45 PM, dxradio33 wrote:

> My view was towards using N1MM+  or any other application utilizing
 > Winkeyer connected via a serial port as the cw generating application.

Look into K1EL's WKRemote and a second Winkeyer (even WK mini).  I'm
not quite sure how the three (WKremote, 2 x Winkeyer and N1MM) would
work together but it should be possible.

... Joe, W4TV

On 2022-05-29 3:45 PM, dxradio33 wrote:
> Yes, I should have been a bit more specific.  My view was towards using N1MM+  or any other application utilizing Winkeyer connected via a serial port as the cw generating application.  In addition , if you are using Commander and WW to send CW, your only choice is keyboard and you still have no access to a paddle if your radio is in a remote location on the LAN.  Also, Commander and WinWarbler are not usable over the WAN.  I did say below "when keying the radio using a virtual serial port created in CAT"
> I am not advocating my suggestion only offering it as an alternative to the sidetone issue.
>
> 73,
> Joe K8FC
> -----Original Message-----
> From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave AA6YQ
> Sent: Sunday, May 29, 2022 13:46
> To: DXLab@groups.io
> Subject: Re: [DXLab] WW with Flex 6000 , sidetone ?
>
> + AA6YQ comments below
>
> Sidetone is not conveyed to  SmartSDR when keying the radio using a virtual serial port as created in CAT.  It is only available if you use CWX keyboard keying feature of SmartSDR or a Maestro.
>
> + When WinWarbler is configured to send CW via "XCVR Ctrl App" and Commander is controlling a Flex Signature radio via a LAN, WinWarbler sends the text be transmitted to Commander, which conveys it to SmartSDR using the CWX command.
>
>           73,
>
>                 Dave, AA6YQ
>

Join DXLab@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.