Re: ARRL Drops Fire Fox

Pete Smith

I believe there were alternatives, but that was the easiest.

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 4/22/2022 3:22 PM, Joe WB9SBD wrote:

What do you do if you lived all your life like downtown of any major city where like thousands never ever bothered getting a drivers license?

Joe WB9SBD / W9ET

On 4/22/2022 2:04 PM, Pete Smith wrote:

That'll teach you, Pete ;^).  Seriously, though, it has seemed to me recently that site after site has rolled out new software withouut adequate testing.  I went on IRS.GOV the other day to pay my taxes electronically, as I have for several years, and found myself to undergo a convoluted and complex identity verification routine involving (among other things) having to send in pictures of the front and back of my driver's license, all to satisfy something called ID.me which taking over the ID functions on the IRS web site.

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 4/22/2022 12:36 PM, Pete N4KW via groups.io wrote:
I have just been informed that a friend has his up and running using FireFox.  I would say that the information I received earlier was not correct.
FireFox is not the Peferred browser, but that does not mean it will not work.  Please disregard my below email., I was going with what I was told by
a ARRL Representative.
Sorry, Pete, N4KW

On 4/22/2022 11:35 AM, Pete N4KW via groups.io wrote:
If you are unable to log into the new ARRL software and are using FireFox do not try.
I  asked why I have been unable to change my user name and password and log into
your new software, I was advised that the new software does not support FireFox.

One would think the new software would at least have the capabilities of the old software.

73, Pete, N4KW