Re: latest Windows update

Dave AA6YQ

+ You can save the most recent Restore Point to a thumb drive; they cost ~$10 at the drug store.

I had NO idea you could create an RP on anything but the drive where the "point" was. I'll do this later this evening - I have an appropriately sized thumb driver or three. I keep seeing "3-5% of the drive's capacity" so that's not even a full 16-GB drive. I bet you don't even need to leave it mounted.

+ You probably have to copy the Restore Point to the thumb drive after it's created.

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/where-are-system-restore-points-stored-how-to-view

+ Doing this has the side benefit of preventing Restore Points from gradually consuming all of your SSD.