Re: an analysis of Remote Beacon Network (RBN) spots and their impact on SpotCollector's performance

Pete Smith

I'm inclined to agree with Jon.  The evidence suggests that it's not a really serious problem - at this moment, we only have 179 users connected to our CW/RTTY Telnet port, and considering the number of DX clusters that carry RBN spots, that's not out of line.  So long as DXlab doesn't actively encourage connecting directly to the RBN, I think the problem is manageable.

73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.
For spots, please use your favorite
"retail" DX cluster.
On 12/29/2021 10:27 AM, Jon KM8V wrote:

1. refuse to directly connect to telnet.reversebeacon.net as a spot source I really wish you wouldn't do this. Perhaps make it a warning, or provide some override option. I don't need nanny software stopping me from doing something that maybe "shouldn't be done". 73 de KM8V Jon