From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Dave AA6YQ
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2021 6:39 PM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] LOTW & DXLabs Mismatch WAS

# more AA6YQ comments below

I did the filter like you suggested, and it worked fine. I used a text file and a script. Having the SQL filter worked much better. To answer your question regarding the number of "WAS QSOs" confirmed by LoTW. The answer is 2737 out of about 9773 or so total QSOs. I always load all QSOs to LOTW regardless if they are registered for LoTW - you never know when they might register.

# Ok. You don't want to have to sit there and approve changes while DXKeeper processes 2737 QSOs reported by LoTW.

When I invoked ""Sync LoTW QSOs" I got a text file pop-up with listed 2 QSOs with the comment "no matching QSO in log". The note in blue above the "Upload to LoTW" button on the QSL tab indicated 2236 QSOs processed, 2234 log entries updated, 2 errors". I can fix those errors pretty easily. When I clicked the LoTW button in the Filter panel at the bottom of the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab, I got 5 QSOs:

EL2PP on 21.000 in SSB at 1993-02-14 19:05:00Z (EL: Liberia)

AB8LBL on 0.000 in PSK31 at 2009-01-12 03:54:10Z (K: United States)

AB8LBL on 3.581 in PSK31 at 2009-01-12 03:54:10Z (K: United States)

WZ8DH on 3.733 in SSB at 2009-11-28 04:47:15Z (K: United States)

KG0YL on 7.076 (QSX 0.000) in FT8 at 2017-12-23 03:05:00Z (K: United States)

# Those 5 QSOs were uploaded to LoTW, but not accepted by LoTW.

# The EL2PP's frequency of 21000 may be problematic.

# It looks like one of your AB8LBL QSOs is a duplicate

# Examine each of those 5 QSOs, correct whatever looks wrong, and then individually re-submit them to LoTW. Wait a few minutes after each re-submission; then right-click the QSO's entry in the Log Page Display and select "Update from LoTW" from the pop-up menu. The QSO's "LoTW QSL Sent" item should change from 'U' to 'Y' unless LoTW hasn't gotten around to processing your upload yet. Clicking the "Check LoTW Queue" button on the Main window's QSL tab (with the "QSL Via" panel set to LotW) will reveal how long it's taking for LoTW to processing uploads; it's usually a minute or so, except after a contest weekend.

# To resolve your WAS situation,

1. Backup your log (Configuration window, Log tab, Backup button)

2. on the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab, set the "Handling of LoTW QSL detail inconsistencies" panel to "Preserve log data, ignore LoTW data, and report inconsistencies when operation ends"

3. filter the Log Page Display with this SQL expression:

(DXCCPREFIX in ('K','KH6','KL7')) AND (APP_DXKEEPER_LOTW_QSL_RCVD in ('Y','S','V')) and (APP_DXKEEPER_LOTWCONFIRMATION LIKE '*S*')

4. on the Main window's QSL tab

4a. set the "QSL Via" panel to LoTW

4b. click the "Update from LOTW' button

# LoTW will report the 2737 QSOs whose US states are confirmed via LoTW, and DXKeeper will display a report showing discrepancies between the information LoTW reported for those QSOs and what you've logged from those QSOs. At this point, you will have two choices:

A. if in the case of every discrepancy, the information reported by LoTW is correct and the information in your log is incorrect, then on the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab, set the "Handling of LoTW QSL detail inconsistencies" panel to "Overwrite log data with LoTW data", and then click the "Update from LoTW" button; the operation will run without operator intervention, and display a report of changes made when it completes. After this operation is complete, set the "Handling of LoTW QSL detail inconsistencies" panel back to "Display a dialog box and let operator choose".

B. manually correct each discrepancy

C. on the "QSL Configuration" window's LoTW tab, set the "Handling of LoTW QSL detail inconsistencies" panel to "Display a dialog box and let operator choose", and then click the "Update from LoTW" button. You'll be prompted to approve or disapprove the resolution of each discrepancy, which could take awhile. DXKeeper will display a report of changes made when it completes.

# From now on, I suggest clicking "Sync LoTW QSOs" followed by "Sync LoTW QSLs" at the end of each operating session during which QSOs where uploaded to LoTW.