From: DXLab@groups.io [mailto:DXLab@groups.io] On Behalf Of Dave AA6YQ via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, November 24, 2021 01:03
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: Re: [DXLab] improved support for the Russian District Award

+ AA6YQ comments below

am confused by your statement:
". . . To exploit the "activation records" present in the RDA database, the
next version of DXKeeper takes a QSO's "Begin Date" into consideration when
using the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab to log a QSO with a Russian or USSR
callsign with "Optimize for realtime QSO entry" disabled, deriving the DXCC
entity, CQ zone, ITU zone, and IOTA tag from the callsign's Oblast and
District."

In particular the line: . . . with "Optimize for realtime QSO entry"
disabled. This seems to conflict with
https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxkeeper/Help/Configuration.htm where it says:
When this box is unchecked, DXKeeper's Main window is optimized for manually
entering past QSOs:

In the past I have disabled--realtime QSO entry--only when I was editing my
logbook. Does this mean that the Oblast and District optimizing will only
take place if I manually enter the QSO on the "Log QSOs" tab of DXKeeper?
What about the Capture Window?

+ When you log a QSO with a Russian station via the Capture window, DXKeeper will query the RDA database for that station's location on the current date.

+ When you log a QSO with a Russian station via the WinWarbler's "QSO Info" panel, DXKeeper will query the RDA database for that station's location on the current date.

+ When you log a QSO with a Russian station via the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab with "Optimize for realtime QSO entry" enabled, DXKeeper will query the RDA database for that station's location on the current date.

+ When you log a QSO with a Russian or USSR station via the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab with "Optimize for realtime QSO entry" disabled, DXKeeper will query the RDA database for that station's location on the QSO's "begin" date.

+ Before 1994, stations from "non-Russian" areas of the USSR -- e.g. Lithuania or Kazakhstan -- could make QSOs from Russia using their home callsigns. These QSOs are valid for RDA awards, hence the reason for querying the RDA database when logging a QSO that was made prior to 1994.