Re: jtalert not logging to dxkeeper

Kurt Cathcart

On 11/23/2021 5:48 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

I got the comms between WSJTX and JTALERT working.

+ What changes did you make to accomplish this?
++ I had the wrong version of .net

Now on to the next piece. For the most part all is running well. However, occasionally I'm getting an error message:

Logging warning

Error Message: DXKeeper File: Unable to confirm QSO Logged

+ That error message comes from JT-Alert. Was the QSO actually logged in DXKeeper?
++ It was not logged into DXKeeper.  That is probably why I got the manual logging error below.  What I have noticed is that when it fails, it seems to fail when DXK is auto uploading to LoTW or eQSL. I set JTAlert to not instruct DXK to auto upload and then I do it manually in DXK after I'm don with my radio time.  I haven't had a problem yet.

Note: The QSO is still saved to the WSJT-X Log File

This seems to happen after a number of successfully logged QSOs.

Sometimes I get another error message:

Unable to Log QSO due to a lengthy directive from another DXLab application

+ That message from DXKeeper only appears when you attempt to log a QSO from DXKeeper's Capture window, but DXKeeper was busy processing a directive from another application for more than 30 seconds -- which should never happen.

Any ideas?

+ Together, these symptoms add up to "something is interfering with DXKeeper"; the most likely culprit is an anti-malware application not configured to consider DXKeeper to be safe, but there are other possibilities. See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/ApplicationInteference

Also, How do I move the WSJT-X logs that weren't logged to DXK after the fact?

+ WSJT-X maintains a log file in ADIF format. Open this file with a text editor, and locate the ADIF record for each QSO that should have been logged in DXKeeper, but wasn't. Create a new file named Missing.ADI, and place each missing ADIF record in this file. Then close Missing.ADI, and direct DXKeeper to import it.
++  I do run Malwarebytes.  Thank you for the insight.

-Kurt, KR2C

On 11/20/2021 4:43 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

OK, Thank you. I was thinking that the problem was between jtalert and DXK.

+ There could be a problem between JT-Alert and DXKeeper, but if JT-Alert isn't interoperating with WSJT-X, JT-Alert will have nothing for DXKeeper to log.

+ Start upstream, and proceed downstream step-by-step:

WSJT-X => JT-Alert => DXKeeper