improved support for the Russian District Award

Dave AA6YQ

I have developed an application that downloads a list from

https://cfmrda.ru/files/callsigns_rda.cs

and creates an RDA database.

Some entries on the list simply specify the callsign's Oblast and District,

R0AA KK-08

Some entries on the list specify one or more "activation records", indicating that the callsign operated in a particular Oblast and
District during a particular time interval. Activation records prior to 1994 can specify USSR callsigns, e.g.

EK1SK <1991-01-01, 1992-01-31> VO-29

meaning that EK1SK operated from VO-29 from 1991-01-01 to 1992-01-31.

The next version of DXView provides the option to download and install the new RDA database. I will periodically make new versions
of the RDA database available, as I've been doing with the eQSL and LoTW databases, as Joe W4TV has been doing with the DXCC
database, as Tom KQ5S has been doing with the USAP database, and as Dick N3XRU has been doing with the IOTA database.

If the RDA database is present, the next versions of DXView, DXKeeper, and SpotCollector will exploit it; SpotCollector's Spot
Database, for example, includes a new Secondary field that is populated with each active Russian callsign's District code. The next
version of WinWarbler will accepts Secondary Administrative Subdivision information from DXView and SpotCollector.

Up till now, DXLab applications have always derived information from callsigns under the assumption that current prefix-to-location
rules apply. Joe W4TV's "fix scripts" automate the correction of QSOs made under different prefix-to-location rules, but must be
manually invoked. To exploit the "activation records" present in the RDA database, the next version of DXKeeper takes a QSO's "Begin
Date" into consideration when using the Main window's "Log QSOs" tab to log a QSO with a Russian or USSR callsign with "Optimize for
realtime QSO entry" disabled, deriving the DXCC entity, CQ zone, ITU zone, and IOTA tag from the callsign's Oblast and District.

Note that DXLab's "Realtime Award Tracking" has not been extended to support the Russian District Award. Identifying active stations
in needed Districts can be accomplished with a manually-maintained filter in SpotCollector.

The next versions of DXView, DXKeeper, SpotCollector, and WinWarbler have been sent to several users for testing. If you're in hot
pursuit of RDA awards and would like to help test these new versions, please let me know via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

Dave, AA6YQ

Join DXLab@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.