Re: Issue attempting to remove Duplicate QSO's - Program Error 3043

When following the instructions located at https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/RemovingDuplicates I am left with ALL of my 41,000 QSO's displayed in the log. I have a few hundred dupes. The routine in the link previously mentioned seems to go through the process to select dupes. I looked at the error log and found the following error message at the time of completion of the removingduplicate routine. program error 3043 in module DXLogModule.FlagDuplicateQSOs: Disk or network error. -

Any ideas on this one?

+ The " Disk or network error" message comes from Windows. So that I can see what's going on, please do the following:

1. On the Configuration window's General tab, check the "Log debugging info" box

2. Terminate DXKeeper

3. Start DXKeeper

4. Attempt to remove your duplicate QSOs, just as you did before

5. When the failure occurs,

5a. On the Configuration window's General tab, uncheck the "Log debugging info" box

5b. Attach the errorlog.txt file from your DXKeeper folder to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com

I would like to remove the dupes with them only being the items showing in the log. This is a 2 week old new computer build with Solid State hard drives. I doubt there is a real disk error.

+ I wouldn't be so sure; SSD failure rates follow a bathtub-shaped curve. Check the Window Event Logs to see if hardware or software errors were reported:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq/how-to-use-windows-10-event-viewer.2752289/

The data file is in the cloud. perhaps this is the issue ... but I have been using the data in the cloud for years.

+ The number of log accesses required to eliminate duplicates is proportional to the square of the number of QSOs in your log. With 41K logged QSOs, that's a lot of network traffic, which could expose latent hardware or software problems. Any such problems should be recorded in the Windows Event Logs.

+ You could try copying your log from the cloud to a local file and see if duplicate elimination succeeds.