Re: support for rigctl

g4wjs

On 11/10/2021 17:40, KF7NN wrote:
i have 2 transceivers on 2 seperate com ports controlled by hamlib rigctl
is there any support to connect to the hamlib interface on a port instead of connecting the rig thru a serial port?

thanks

Hi George,

I think that may be possible by using a Hamlib utility called rigctlcom, it can connect to a Hamlib rigctld server and also emulates basic TS-2000 rig. You would connect to it using a virtual serial loopback service like com0com (or socat on *nix style systems). It is also a full Hamlib rigctl client so can connect directly to any Hamlib supported rig, thereby converting the CAT interface to a basic TS-2000 emulation.

Having said that, I just tried it to interface with my Icom IC-756 starting it on a serial port loopback pair COM18 - COM19 like this:

rigctlcom -m 3026 -r COM5 -s 19200 -p COM5 -P RTS -R COM18 -S 19200

then tried to connect to as if a Kenwood rig on COM19 19200 baud 8N1 from Commander. It didn't work quite as it should but it was trying to work. YMMV with the rig(s) you are using.

Bill

G4WJS.