Re: Export, from dxkeeper, FT8 contacts in .adif format consumable by wsjtx?

g4wjs

On 10/10/2021 10:54, mike s wrote:
However, as noted, I think it is possible, within wsjtx, to see previously logged calls in the lower left window.   (I am not sure about this but read a thread here recently that gave me that perception).
Hi Mike,

that's not correct. The only status bar indication related to the WSJT-X ADIF log is when WSJT-X starts, it shows the number of worked before records loaded from its ADIF log file for a few seconds after the load completes. WSJT-X can highlight CQ calls from stations you have now worked before, or not worked before on the current band, but if you are using the full DX Lab Suite to WSJT-X integration then you will have new DXing goals highlighted, as defined by your DXKeeper log and award objectives.

There's no problem with using the DXKeeper ADIF export facility to create a replacement ADIF log for WSJT-X, you don't need to limit it to just FT8 contacts. If you do use the WSJT-X decode highlighting, you can highlight per the current mode or for all modes combined by changing the "Settings->Colors->Highlight by Mode" option.

Bill

G4WJS.