Re: DXView Progress Table

Paul Kelliher

Thanks, Dave. I will try the filtering you describe. You asked “Helpful in what way”. The answer is that it has nothing to do with awards per se but it would allow me to see, at a glance, what “slots” are not W/C for a given country in the RTTY mode. That’s all.

73,

Paul

On Sep 20, 2021, at 8:07 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@ambersoft.com> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

Is there a way to edit the Progress table in DXview?

+ You cannot "edit" any award's Progress table. The DXCC progress table includes an extra category that you can optionally specify. The SSB, CW, and DIGI categories confirm to the DXCC rules; see b), c), and d) in Section 1 of

http://www.arrl.org/dxcc-rules

+ In addition to those three DXCC-mandated categories, you can optionally pursue the confirmation of all DXCC entities in one of the following modes:

CHIP
DOMINO
FST4
FT4
FT8
HELL
JT4
JT65
JT9
MFSK
ISCAT
OLIVIA
PAC
PSK
QRA64
THRB

Mine has four categories (SSB, CW, Digi and PSK).

I would like to change the PSK to RTTY if possible.

+ RTTY is not included in the list above, so that's not currently possible.

Presently, I believe my RTTY contacts are included with DIGI

+ That's correct, as required by DXCC rules.

and it would be helpful if they could be shown separately as they are in DXKeeper.

+ Helpful in what way?

+ If you want to check your DXCC award progress based on RTTY QSOs only, filter the Log Page Display with the SQL expression

Mode='RTTY'

+ and then generate a DXCC progress report; the report's DXCC DIGI category will display your RTTY-only award progress. If you'll be doing this frequently, you can setup a script that combines the filtering with the report generation.