Re: I'd like to use SpotCollectors Text Message Alert Function

Robie - AJ4F

Dave,

I routinely use this feature but the following appears to work:

SpotCollector

Email Alarm - Enable checked

From email address - my google email address

To email address - my outlook email address

Outgoing Mail Server

Address - smtp.gmail.com

Server requires authentication - checked

User Name - my google email address

Password - my google password

Port Number - 465

SSL encryption required - checked

Gmail

Settings/Accounts and Import/Other Google Account Settings/Security/Less Secure Apps Access = ON

I hope this helps,

Robie - AJ4F

On Wed, Sep 15, 2021 at 8:22 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
If someone who is successfully using Gmail as an outgoing email server could post their settings and Gmail configuration steps here, that would be helpful. Thanks!