Re: Got the maybe new installation blues

Indeed!
In addition to the DXLabLauncher I just installed, there are...

DXLabLauncher
DXKeeper
DXView all three installed on 7/29/2012

I tried to delete them in Control Panel/Programs and Features but they all returned the error: "Could not open logfile C:\DXLab\Launcher\ST6UNST.Log" or "Could not open logfile C:\DXLab\DXKeeper\ST6UNST.Log", etc.

Am I correct in guessing that before I can do a fresh install, these things have to be removed. I can't seem to find any references to them anywhere.
Is it a Registry issue?

+ You have violated a fundamental rule of Windows: never delete an installed application until you've first directed Windows to uninstall it.

+ By deleting the folders into which you installed DXLab applications back on 2012, you have prevented Windows from uninstalling those applications because the files need to perform the uninstall operation are no longer present, e.g. ST6UNST.Log.

+ At this point, you have two choices:

1. backup every critical file and application installer, then re-install Windows, then re-install your applications, then install the DXLab Launcher, and then direct the Launcher to install your DXLab applications

or

2. Use a "Registry Cleaner" application to remove all vestiges every DXLab application, including the Launcher. Then install the Launcher, and direct the Launcher to install your DXLab applications.

+ I cannot recommend a "Registry Cleaner" application, as over the years there have been reports here of problems with each of them.