Re: Your Computer

Dennis, K2SX

Did you get any good input on the new PC?  I am about due for a new one too and might as well get it before the K4 arrives.  BTW, I am within inches of 300K QSOs  in DXK so it does take a while to load the data in and particularly to download from LotW.

SX

From: DXLab@groups.io <DXLab@groups.io> On Behalf Of Pete W1RM
Sent: Saturday, September 11, 2021 11:02 PM
To: DXLab@groups.io
Subject: [DXLab] Your Computer

I’m in the market for a new computer and am considering one with a NVMe SSD hard disk rather than a “normal” SSD.  With 175k QSOs in my DXK log, downloading from LoTW and updating the log takes time.  From what I read, the NVMe is a screamer compared with a SATA SSD.

Does anyone have experience with this?  Thanks

Pete Chamalian, W1RM

W1rm@...