Re: Ham M rotor to DXView

Bill Pence

you may have already taken note, but I did want to mention 1 important detail that can be missed here.
the brake relay is switching mains 120v...
the CW and CCW are 24 volt switching, but not the brake....

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 10:38 PM Dave Fugleberg <davefugleberg@...> wrote:
Ok, one last posting to this thread - I mentioned in a previous post that the pin numbering on the switch didn't seem to match the schematic. Now I know why.
I own two of these controllers, both Series 5. Per their date codes, they were manufactured five weeks apart in 1969.
Before today, I had only looked inside one of them.  Today I opened the other.  Lo and behold, the switch in that one matches exactly with the schematic. It looks like someone replaced the switch in the first one at some point with one that's similar, but different, so the positions on the switch are mostly different than the normal one. No wonder I was scratching my head looking at that switch diagram !

Thanks for a great discussion ! I just ordered a cheap board with four 5-volt relays - it was cheaper than buying the relays separately, and I already have an Arduino Nano lying around which will drive the relays and give me a USB serial port on the PC.  Should be fun to add some smarts to this 50+ year old controller.

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 6:40 PM Bill Pence <pence.bill@...> wrote:
for more plug and play, I'd suggest the Hy Gain DCU-3...

On Wed, Aug 25, 2021 at 7:04 PM St. Cuda <crest340@...> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Looking more for pnp.  Sorry, should have made that clearer.  But, great reference for anyone searching this topic!!!  Thank all of the DIY info!!

The only soldering I do any more is on my quad-copters and those are getting super small for my eye sight even with magnifiers and great lighting.

For my 6 m beam, I have just installed a Hy-Gain AR-500 controller with 12 presets, no USB.  And prefer something USB linked to DXView.