Re: Ham M rotor to DXView

Bill Pence

Well, That was the path I took for the hd73 as I had nothing but the rotator.

I used a 75va controls transformer

with a motor start cap from ace hardware

Worked out well.

On Tue, Aug 24, 2021, 10:42 PM Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:

I no longer have an old style controller to photograph

Here is the manual:
    <https://bama.edebris.com/download/cde/ham-m/ham-m.pdf>

There is a very much "cleaned up" photograph of the switch
as figure 5 on page 9.  Most of the wiring is not present
in the photograph.

 > So connecting to the switch terminals should be straightfirward.

I remember being in that controller for repairs one time
and the wiring around the switch is a nightmare with two
or three wires already attached to each terminal on a very
fragile phenolic switch.

 > The k3ng / arduino relay outputs are all dry contacts,

If building a K3NG style controller, one would be far better
served to find a 25.2V 6A (old filament) transformer and a
new 100-120uF capacitor to build a complete controller rather
than try to "automate" the old one.