Re: Ham M rotor to DXView

Bill Pence

Not sure I'd agree with that.
I'd need to find the schematic, but I'd think the switches are configured as:

Left a bit, brake engage, left more, rotated
 slight release, stop rotate, hold bake
Center off
Right a bit, brake, right a bit more, rotate.
 slight release, stop rotate, hold bake

The k3ng / arduino relay outputs are all dry contacts,
So connecting to the switch terminals should be straightfirward.

If you want to send my links to schematics
I can check and I might need good photos to show where the relay wires connect.
Would he happy to help.

If course you can always buy a hy-gain dcu3 instead. I still like building stuff.

On Tue, Aug 24, 2021, 2:36 PM Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:

That single lever is a two section rotary switch - very difficult
to interface with any of the after market boards.  You will probably
do best with a replacement controller.  If you choose to build your
own from one of the K3NG articles, note that you will need to find
a 24V AC @ 5-6A transformer (not particularly common these days)
and possibly the appropriate transformer/rectifier for the direction
sensing circuit.