Re: Commander to SatPC32 integration - will not connect

Bill Pence

I do not run satpc32 in elevated admin mode...
Unsure why your system requires it.

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021, 5:50 PM Dave Fugleberg <davefugleberg@...> wrote:
Thanks Bill - I did read that. However, the problem is that Commander will not even connect to SatPC32, which must happen before SatPC32 tries to convey any data to Commander.  Just to be sure, I tried connecting while a sat was overhead and actively being tracked, but it made no difference.
I suspect the real problem is related to what Dave mentioned about administrator privilege. None of the DxLab programs require admin privs to run, and none are configured to do so.  SatPC32, on the other hand, will not even complete its installation unless you use the 'run as administrator' function on the installer. Once you do, you are forced to run the application as administrator every time you start it.

Dave, this integration obviously works for someone...do those users routinely run DxLab as administrator? or is there some other trick involved?

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 2:50 PM Bill Pence <pence.bill@...> wrote:
Could this be the issue?
Did you make this change from the dxlab setup info?

Continuous Tracking

By default, SatPC32 only conveys information to Commander when the selected satellite is above the horizon. You can change this to "always conveys information to Commander":

  1. In the ? menu, place your mouse over the Auxilliary Files entry; in the menu that appears to the right, select DivOptions.SQF

  2. The file DivOptions.SQF should appear in your default text file editor. Change the second line of this file from - (2) to + (2)

  3. Save the change you made to DivOptions.SQF

On Fri, Jul 30, 2021, 11:04 AM Dave Fugleberg <davefugleberg@...> wrote:
I'm trying to configure the integration shown in https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/SatelliteTracking to convey satellite information from SatPC32 to Commander and on to DxKeeper. I'm using SatPC32 v 12.9 and a IC-9700 with latest firmware.

Here's what works so far:
1) Commander configured for multi-radio - Radio 1 is my HF rig (K3), Radio 2 is direct control for the 9700, and radio 3 is SatPC32. All three are Enabled. the port for Radio 3 is set to - (the dash after port 64 in the pulldown).
2) Commander can control Radio 1 or Radio 2 when selected from Commander. CAT control behaves as expected for either radio.
3) With Radio 3 (SatPC32) selected in Commander, I go and start SatPC32.  SatPC32 controls the radio and works as expected.  At this point, the box in the upper right corner of Commander says Disconnected and Satellite name and mode are blank, as expected.

However -
When I click Connect, nothing happens. Commander still says Disconnected.

Is there something in the configuration of SatPC32 I may have missed ?

Thanks es 73 de W0ZF