Re: Transfer a Workspace ...

Peter Laws / N5UWY

On Mon, Jul 19, 2021 at 11:44 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@ambersoft.com> wrote:

In the DXKeeper file (no .reg) within the Workspace directory corresponding to the club's callsign, I find my own callsign in addition to the club call.

"MarathonInformation-0"="N5UWY"
"LotWUser"="n5uwy"
"n5uwy"="[REDACTED]"

I would like to clean that up in a programmatic way since my inclination is to go to Windows Subsystem for Linux, and edit the suckers out of there with vi ... but that's probably not the best way.

* I strongly advise against directly editing the registry files. Instead,
1. Terminate all DXLab applications except the Launcher
2. Direct the Launcher to load the Workspace
3. Start DXKeeper
4. Use DXKeeper to correct the incorrect settings
5. Terminate DXKeeper
6. Direct the Launcher to save Settings to the Workspace
* Now the Workspace has been updated with your corrected settings
But, but, but ... ASCII !! :-D This is exactly what I realized I
could do and should have been more careful about in the past.

Of the examples I left in above, the only one I can't find (so I can
kill) is the second set of LOTW credentials (my call vs the club
call). Club stuff is there, but so is my own stuff. DXKeeper is the
last cleanup I need to do - the rest of my errors were cleaned up
programatically.