Using Ethernet to communicate with equipment

Dave / NR1DX

All

I am struggling to move to the "next level" of passing information from DXLab to various pieces of hardware via an Ethernet connection.

My problem is not with DXLab per-se but rather that much of the documentation (from  both  DXLab and the hardware manufacturers) assumes the user knows might actually know something about Ethernet communications to begin with.... which I dont . I dont even know what half the terms mean let alone the intricacies of how to use them ....help

Can someone direct me to a site that is HAMRADIO ETHERNET FOR DUMMIES. What is a UDP?  what is an IP address and when and why does it need to be static and when does in need to be dynamic. What is a NET MASK and and why do I care? etc etc etc.

Dave
NR1DX
manuals@artekmanuals.com
--