Re: Commander and DXKeeper sequencing

Ed W2LCQ

This discussion is beyond my level of understanding. However I frequently initialize DXK before Commander.  WSJT-X is brought up automatically by my launcher. When I close WSJT-X and bring up Commander, Commander passes frequency to DXK and communicates with DXK without any problems.

73, de Ed Jones W2LCQ

Frankford Radio Club
BUG CWops SKCC FISTS LICWC QCWA

On Jul 16, 2021, at 4:30 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 12:22 PM, Bob - W6OPO wrote:

 I surmise that Commander not running in Administrator mode prevented some communication with DXKeeper at least in one direction.

+ This was the reason that DXKeeper and Commander weren't interoperating when DXKeeper was started first: Windows would not convey the "I exist" message from Commander to DXKeeper because Commander was running at a lower level of administrative privilege.

+ Most DXLab users let the Launcher install itself and the rest of the DXLab applications in the default folder C:\DXLab which doesn't require giving Administrative privileges to any of the applications. Only if you install DXLab applications in what Windows considers to be a "protected folder", like

c:\program files\x86

+ are administrative privileges required. See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/InstallWin7