Re: Commander and DXKeeper sequencing

On Fri, Jul 16, 2021 at 12:22 PM, Bob - W6OPO wrote:

 I surmise that Commander not running in Administrator mode prevented some communication with DXKeeper at least in one direction.

+ This was the reason that DXKeeper and Commander weren't interoperating when DXKeeper was started first: Windows would not convey the "I exist" message from Commander to DXKeeper because Commander was running at a lower level of administrative privilege.

+ Most DXLab users let the Launcher install itself and the rest of the DXLab applications in the default folder C:\DXLab which doesn't require giving Administrative privileges to any of the applications. Only if you install DXLab applications in what Windows considers to be a "protected folder", like

c:\program files\x86

+ are administrative privileges required. See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/InstallWin7