Re: Commander question/request

Joe Subich, W4TV

On 2021-07-15 2:44 AM, Johnny IZ8EWD via groups.io wrote:
Maybe you can consider to use the hamlib libraries, instead of develop your own code, in this case the radio communication is transparent and independent of radio model, so you could focus on
your software.
hamlib is garbage, buggy and incomplete. The adoption of it would
significantly cripple DXLab Suite. Further, it would not resolve
your issue since the User Defined Controls routines do not have
the ability to read/interpret responses from the radio or do
conditional execution and branching.

On 2021-07-15 2:44 AM, Johnny IZ8EWD via groups.io wrote:
[Edited Message Follows]
Hi Dave, thanks for reply.
I understand your position, but under my point of view this is a functional limitation for Commander because I use my radio remotely, so it's very important to have control of all parameters.
Your suggestion could be a workaround, but some radios, as Yaesu, store different settings for each operative mode, so it's ok on startup, but lost sync when the mode is changed.