Re: Commander question/request

Johnny IZ8EWD

Edited

Hi Dave, thanks for reply.
I understand your position, but under my point of view this is a functional limitation for Commander because I use my radio remotely, so it's very important to have control of all parameters.
Your suggestion could be a workaround, but some radios, as Yaesu, store different settings for each operative mode, so it's ok on startup, but lost sync when the mode is changed.

Maybe you can consider to use the hamlib libraries, instead of develop your own code, in this case the radio communication is transparent and independent of radio model, so you could focus on your software.