Re: Solarhistory.txt how does it work?

g4wjs

On 15/06/2021 11:29, Komkit Listisard via groups.io wrote:
Looks like I only see 1 line in the file, there were no history to speak off.  Seem like there was a new line every time I run SC but there was no history.

Does SC depends on another application in order to have a history? Or some option in the SC that I need to enable it?

73, Kit

Hi Kit,

I believe is is summary data extracted from WWV reports broadcast by the DX Cluster nodes you have SpotCollector connected to. Personally I have a user defined command that is sent to each DX Cluster I connect to which sends:

sh/wwv/200

This populates the Solar data in case I have not run SpotCollector for a while. New WWV reprots are added automatically as they are posted (every three hours I think).

The startup commands and suggestions are documented in the SpotCollector manual.

Bill

G4WJS.