@ At minimum, automatically directly WSJT-X to change configurations
when a new transceiver is selected in Commander would be controlled
by a checkbox for each primary transceiver. Disabling all 4 of those
checkboxes would yield the behavior we have today.
I suppose I could rename my "HF-6M" configuration with the rig name
and have it selected when changing rigs. Would simply need to select
one of the alternate configurations after selecting the rig, if needed
(for example to chase a F/H station).

On 2021-06-14 8:26 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:
@ more AA6YQ comments below

The rule would be "name each radio configuration in WSJT-X to match
> the radio name you specified in Commander".
That is problematic. For example, I have multiple configurations in WSJTX ... in particular, I already have a general HF/6M configuration,
a "hound" configuration, a meteor scatter (MSK144), configuration, a Q65 configuration (6m), an FST4 configuration for 160, and a VHF contest
configuration.
At the least, it would require some kind of blended configuration to support both transceiver selection and "operating/mode" selection.
@ At minimum, automatically directly WSJT-X to change configurations when a new transceiver is selected in Commander would be controlled by a checkbox for each primary transceiver. Disabling all 4 of those checkboxes would yield the behavior we have today. I don't know how to do better than that when there's not a one-to-one relationship between primary transceivers and WSJT-X Configurations.