Re: Tracking down an my anomaly with Spot Collector

Mike Flowers

Thanks, Dave.   I will let you know what I find.

-- 73 de Mike Flowers, K6MKF, NCDXC - "It's about DX!"

On May 17, 2021, at 4:53 PM, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

I have a small anomaly with Spot Collector that I’m trying to track down.

It appears that after Spot Collector has been running awhile (perhaps an hour or so), the spots that I submit through the ‘Outgoing spot’ panel no longer appear in my Spot database display although they had done so previously.

I use the VE7CC cluster for my spots.   I have filters at that cluster that keep the spots received by Spot Collector relevant and at a manageable level.

When this anomaly is occurring, my outgoing spots are shown on the VE7CC cluster when I look at it through the VE7CC client.

My outgoing spots also are shown on DXsummit.fi.

Also, if I run this query in Spot Collector - ( Source = 'K6MKF' ) – all my outgoing spots are shown.   This tells me that my outgoing spots are stored in the Spot database, but just not displayed in the Spot database display.

Restarting Spot Collector restores the display of my outgoing spots, and all will be working OK until Spot Collector loses interest in my outgoing spots again.

I’d appreciate some guidance about how to proceed in my investigations.

+ If changing the Spot Database filter to

Source = 'K6MKF'

+ makes Spot Database Entries for the stations you spotted visible, that implies that the Spot Database Filtering you were previously using is what's been hiding them.

+ The next time a Spot Database Entry for a station you spotted fails to appear,

1. open the Band Filter window, and click the All button; does the Entry appear?

2. if not, open the Mode Filter window, and click the All button; does the Entry appear?

3. if not, open the Cont Filter window, and click the All button; does the Entry appear?

4. if not, open the Origin Filter window, and click the All button; does the Entry appear?