Re: Serial Port RTS Error upon startup Commander

Sorry for not responding earlier, wanted first to sit behind the radios and run few scenarios

This only happens with the Yaesu and Kenwood radios.

The Icom (Via MK3) does not do it. In another word, i can start commander, with the Icom radio already preselected, while the Icom radio is off, and not get the warning message.

If i do the same as above with the Yaesu (Via MK2) or Kenwood (Direct) , while the appropriate radio is preselected in Commander. I get the warning if the radio is off when i launch Commander, i don't get the warning if the radio is on when i launch commander

I have both Yaesu and Icom with RTS selected as "X" and hey work fine

For the Kenwood, i have to have "RTS" set as yes for commander to communicate with it

Now you may ask why do you start Commander before you start the radio, which can be an easy fix by reversing the sequence. The problem is that one radio may had been selected when i terminated Commander last time, and next time i want to operate this will happen if i choose to turn on a different radio than preselected or if i plain forgot (happens alot) what last radio i used and turn on a different radio, either case will trigger this issue and i have no precautions

Its really not a huge issue except that its annoying, plus as i mentioned before if i accidently click "yes" i will usually spend the next hour chasing my tail and spinning my wheels trying to figure out why the radio is stuck in TX or some weird behavior like that till i remember to go to Config and revert to "X"

+ Thanks, Saad.

+ So the scenario is

1. You're using a radio that when directly connected requires RTS to be set to 'On'

+ but

2. You're using an interface that require RTS to not be set to 'On'

+ and

3. You sometimes direct Commander to select that radio while that radio is not powered on

+ so

4. After 5 seconds, Commander notices that it has not received any data from the radio and displays a warning noting that RTS is not set to "On" and asking if you want it enabled

+ but

5. You sometimes erroneously click "Yes", which when you power up the radio puts it in "transmit" mode until you set the RTS Selector to "TX"

+ I have sent you a new version of Commander that in the above scenario will only display the warning if RTS is set to "Off". Since you have RTS set to "TX", the warning will not appear in step 4. This preserves the warning for new users who have left the RTS selector in its default state of "Off".