Re: Serial Port RTS Error upon startup Commander

Saad Mahaini

Thanks Dave

The issue is when i set it to "Y", it does not work, so it has to be set to "X" in my case

Per Joe's reply "I just responded to" sounds like MK configuration requirement as i followed their document on how to set up with DX Lab , which sound to be opposite for RTS setting.

But i can also see your logic which is based on interfacing directly to the radio and not having other device in between

Thanks again

73 Saad

On Wednesday, April 28, 2021, 4:38:54 PM CDT, Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

its

'''
CI-V Commander

the transceiver has not responded, and the serial port's RTS signal is not set to 'on" , which this transceiver typically requires; set the RTS signal to 'on"?

Yes or no Buttons options

''''''

Radios

Radio 1 IC-7600 via Microham MK-3

Radio 2 FT-2000 via MK-2
Radio 3 TS-2000X direct

+ Thanks, Saad. Both your FT-2000 and your TS-2000 require RTS to be enabled. Failure to properly configure setting in Commander this is a "hole" that new users who don't read the appropriate section of "Getting Started with DXLab" fall into, so if either is your primary transceiver but the Primary CAT Serial Port's RTS selector is not set to "on", then the "reminder" is displayed.