Re: Spot Collector Sluggish and slowing everything down

Just to circle back on this issue with some feedback

Everything got to the point of being so sluggish, almost non responsive and unusable. During a contest with spots pouring in so fast, it was practically almost frozen.

I tried about everything recommend in the document., short of adding more memory and dedicating CPUs, the only thing that made HUGE difference is "Size control" in the SC Config / Spot database. I "cleared" it and also changed "Brune entries to older than 1 day", also checked "clear data base on startup".

This made a night and day difference, and everything was responded instantly.

+ Managing a large database requires available RAM. Instead of enabling "clear data base on startup", I suggest that you enable "Prune Spot Database hourly".

+ When seeking to understand the operating pattern of a particular station, add its callsign to SpotCollector's Special Callsign List with a NOPRUNE tag.