Re: DXKeeper 16.1.0 Upgrade

I think that anyone upgrading to 16.1.0 should BACKUP YOUR .MDB file first. I did not (duh), and it initially appears that a large part of my log is now gone.
I have opened every .mdb file that I could find on my computer with MS Access, and it appears that about 15 years of my 17 year old log is not there.
Fortunately I have a one year old backup .mdb file on a flash drive, and I have sent all the files to Dave, and am waiting for his instructions on where to go next. I will paper log in the meantime as to not disturb anything in DXKeeper.
I hope I'm wrong about this missing data, but the one year old .mdb file is over 7 Mb, and the current one is less than 1.5 Mb.

+ Anyone using any logging application should backup their log file after each operating session. There are several free backup-and-recovery applications available. As has already been pointed out in this thread, DXKeeper can backup your log with one mouse click, and provides the option to automatically backup you log on shut down. See

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/BackupRecovery

+ Having gone a full year without backing up a log file, you should not be surprised if you end up losing QSOs. If necessary, basic QSO data can be recovered from LoTW, as described in

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/LotWRecoveringLostQSOs

+ You sent me your year-old backup file in a zip archive; DXKeeper successfully updated the capacity of its Mode items, and I returned the updated file to you in a zip archive.

+ You also sent me a log file directly attached to an email message. Bare .mdb files cannot be conveyed as email attachments; they must be enclosed in a zip archive. You mentioned that you had opened your log file with Excel. I hope you mean that you made a copy of your log file and opened that copy with Excel, because opening a log file with Excel makes it easy to render that log file un-useable.

+ Please place your current log file in a zip archive, attach the zip archive to an email message, and send the message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com