Re: LotW Sync not Responding - Solved (I think)

Well, you could knock me over with a feather. I was one of the first 50 customers to own the WN-2. I have a thread here asking about problems with LoTW sync operations in DXK. While it was clearly not a DXL caused issue, it was elusive and I couldn't isolate the behavior. You sir, just hit this nail square on the head.

I can report that over the last couple of days I have been able to independently reproduce this behavior. The WN-2 software is the culprit. Now I can update DXK from LoTW any time I like. This is fantastic.

Now, if it were a *nix system I would isolate the conflict, but being Windows not so much. I owe Alan (WN) a phone call over another question, so I'll update him on this discover.

+ It would be great if this could be tracked down to the root cause and corrected. When downloading information from LoTW, DXKeeper uses a function called

URLDownloadToFile

+ provided by Microsoft's URLMON.dll component. Evidently the WaveNode application is interfering with the operation of this function.