Re: Digital operation on old rig [TS-850S]. Signalink USB a good solution?

g4wjs

On 14/04/2021 22:44, dwfred@... wrote:
Anyone have experience using the Signalink USB audio interface box?  It looks like an easy way, with a pre-made cable, to hook my notebook up to my TS850S for digital modes.  What I'm curious about is how it affects the notebook's sound interface.  When the USB interface is enumerated, does the Signalink appear in Windows as an additional sound card?  Does this disable the notebook's built-in sound card for regular Windows output?  For example, say I want to watch a YouTube video while doing FT8.  Can I listen to the sound from the YouTube video's audio in my regular PC speakers while still using the audio interface for the Signalink USB for JTDX?

Thanks for any info.
73,
Dean W8ZF
Hi Dean,