Re: How do I export a section of the DX Progress report to Excel?

Scott Stembaugh

If all you care about are Entities worked/needed you can use the RAT view.
On the RAT view choose the DXCC tab and filter with Worked/Confirmed/Verified and hit the report button.  For Needs filter by Unorked (and perhaps Requested).  I use this to get a list of needed ATNOs.  You can filter by band and mode to get more specific worked/needs reports.

--scott

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 8:44 AM ve3ki <ve3iay@...> wrote:
Tom,

After cutting and pasting into the first column in Excel, you can use the Text to Columns tool on Excel's Data ribbon to separate the data into columns. Or, instead of pasting directly into Excel, you can paste the data into Notepad first and save as a text file containing only the part of the original file you want. Then in Excel, use File > Open > Browse, change the type listbox at the bottom of the Open File menu to All Files or Text Files instead of All Excel Files, and open the text file in Excel. The text to columns tool will open automatically. The text to columns tool allows you to separate the data either by delimiter (you can select spaces as delimiters, for example, and treat multiple spaces as a single delimiter - this works nicely on Cabrillo files) or you can tell it to separate the data by fixed width columns, which will probably work better for the report you want to import.

73,
Rich VE3KI

On Tue, Apr 13, 2021 at 07:59 AM, Tom LeClerc wrote:
I was chatting on the 2Mtr repeater yesterday morning the other morning and decided I needed an excel spreadsheet of countries worked/needed etc. and found the ideal report in DXLab.  A portion of the "Check Progress / DXCC, Challenge, & TopList / Progress report is almost perfect.  But I can't find a way to export that into Excel.  It's not a comma delimited but appears just to be a neatly formatted textual display.

The section I am interested in is the piece that starts with "Entity" and lists the Entities in Prefix Order.  I have tried to Copy and Paste amd tried line by line but regardless there is no delimiter so it all ends up in the first cell or column.

Does anyone have any tricks or procedures to get that info to properly be parsed into excel? (Properly meaning the way I want it and not how Excel imports it)

Thanks in advance for your help.

73, Tom W1TJL

--
Tom LeClerc, Amateur Radio Station W1TJL
 (past calls WB1CBY, /VE8,XL8,CI8,VO2)

               LeClerc Consulting
              email: w1tjl@...
            PC/Network Consulting