Re: Intermitent Rig Control Errors to my ICOM 7610

Dave AA6YQ

Thanks for the detailed report below, Jerry.

Some comments

1. You should not be running MMD.exe when you are running WSJT-X.

2. The error message "DX Lab Suite Commander rig did not respond to PTT: ON" comes from WSJT-X, which expects that within a certain period of time, Commander will report that it has switched from RX to TX in response to sending Commander a "switch from RX to TX" directive.

3. I have seen access to a network connected printer cause sporadic long processing delays.

Thus my advice is

A. terminate MMD when running WSJT-X

B. On the WSJT-X Advanced Tab, set the TX delay to 0.2 seconds (the setting I use with my IC-7800, which is slower than your iC-7610)

C. For the next several days, temporarily disable the Canon applications and disable your machine's access to the Wifi-accessible printer

D. Update Windows 10 to the latest virus definitions in

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/definitions

E. Reboot Windows

Let's see if this changes the incidence of failure.

If you go 4 days without a failure, then try re-enabling your Wifi printer and its Canon utilizies.