Re: Commander won't track K3 for more than 10 seconds

Michael Murphy

Dave,

I tried the suggestions in Joe's article with no real success.

I should mention that this has been happening for the past several months, I've been busy with other things and never got to asking about it until now.

I should also mention that N1MM controls my K3 just fine and follows the frequency without any issues.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

- Mike - KI8R

On Mon, Apr 5, 2021 at 2:22 PM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@...> wrote:
+ AA6YQ comments below

I have a problem with Commander tracking my K3. It will track for about 10 seconds and then drop. I have tried multiple cables without any change.

If I hit the reset button under the general tab in the configuration tab it will come back but again for only about 10 seconds.

It works fine with my 7300 and KX3.

Thoughts?

+ Is this new behavior, or has this always been the case?

+ Make sure that Windows is not configured to power down the port you are using with your K3.

https://www.dxlabsuite.com/dxlabwiki/PreventUSBPortPowerDown

Michael Murphy - KI8R

mike@...

www.ki8r.com