Re: Commander and Flex frequency changing

Dave AA6YQ

Tim, I received the errorlog you sent me, analyzed it, and sent you a response -- but my message was rejected as undeliverable.

You had reported that "If I click on Panadapter B to move frequency, and couple of seconds later it shifts Panadapter to the new frequency also.....a few minutes ago, without any intervention by me, Panadapter A changed to the frequency on Panadapter B This only occurs when commander is active"

The errorlog you captured of this happening shows that Commander sent no frequency change commands to your transceiver.

On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 03:18 PM, Dave AA6YQ wrote:

+ AA6YQ comments below

I have a Flex 6700. Sometimes.....when I have more than two Panadapters open, for example, 3.525 and 7.025, If I click on Panadapter B to move frequency, and couple of seconds later it shifts Panadapter to the new frequency also.....a few minutes ago, without any intervention by me, Panadapter A changed to the frequency on Panadapter B This only occurs when commander is active.

+ In FlexRadio's SmartSDR, panadaptors are not named. In a 6700, there are 8 slices named A though H, each of which function as a VFO. DXLab treats slices A and B as VFOs A and B in a traditional transceiver; it ignores the other slices.

+ So that I can see what's going on, please do the following:

1. configure SmartSDR to display two panadaptors, one showing Slice A (VFO A) at 3.525, and the other showing Slice B (VFO B) at 7.025

2. on the General tab of Commander's Configuration window, check the "Log debugging info" box

3. terminate Commander

4. start Commander, and wait for Commander to fully initialize

5. replicate the behavior in which clicking on Slice B to move its frequency causes Slice A's frequency to change; when you've replicated this behavior, please make no further changes to either Slice A or Slice B's frequencies.

6. on the General tab of Commander's Configuration window, uncheck the "Log debugging info" box

7. attach the errorlog.txt file from your Commander folder to an email message, and send the email message to me via

aa6yq (at) ambersoft.com