Re: Data is sent when wrong (powered off) radio is selected in Commander (using Secondary CAT Port and Net Serv)

Norm - KC1BMD

1. Radio 1 powered on, RF switched to amp and selected as primary in Commander. 40m band selected. Radio 2 powered off, RF blocked to amp by switch.

2. Select Radio 2 as primary in Commander. RF is still blocked from Radio 2 and Radio 1 is still connected 2 amp.

3. Select 20m band in Bandspread window. Although Radio 2 powered off (not used) and its RF output blocked by switch, amp is nevertheless switched to 20m band... but Radio 1 remains on 40m band! Tuner also now set to 20m frequency selected in Bandspread.

4. Key Radio 1 but it is still on 40m band while amp is set for 20m band!

I'm not saying I would necessarily do this but $hit happens. It's a potential scenario.

--
73, Norm/KC1BMD