Re: ITU Zones with leading 0 (Zero)?

iain macdonnell - N6ML

On Sun, Mar 21, 2021 at 10:24 AM Dave AA6YQ <aa6yq@ambersoft.com> wrote:

For some reason after importing my HRD logbook into DXK I noticed that some ITU Zones that would ordinarily have a single digit contain a leading 0 (zero). There are no errors shown when pulling up the QSO in DXK., Is that going to cause any issues down the line for anything?

+ Not that I know of.
Me neither. The vast majority of my logged QSOs with zones 1-9 do not
have the leading zero, but some do. I can't imagine it mattering for
anything of significance.

If so, can someone suggest and easy way to search for these and correct them?

+ To change ITU Zone 01 to 1, en masse,

1. backup your log (Configuration window, Log tab, Backup button)

2. filter the Log Page Display with

ITUX='01'
I think you meant "ITUZ".

73,

~iain / N6ML

3. use the "Modify QSOs" panel on the "Advanced Sorts, Filters, and Modifiers" window to change the CQZ items in each QSO in the Log Page Display to

1

+ Repeat the above steps for the other 9 single-digit ITU zones.